DWP Claims and Calls
Important News Alert:
All online claims are currently being verified over the telephone by DWP. DWP are calling claimants to verify their claims and process claims, please note the following points:
- If you are a Universal Credit claimant you will receive a message via your online journal informing you of the call
- When receiving a call from the DWP the call displays as a private number, withheld number or a 0800 number. It’s important you answer for your claim and payment to be processed.
- DWP has a security process in place when calling you and you will be made aware of this.
- PLEASE CONSIDER ANY POTENTIAL SCAM CALLS AND ENSURE YOU ARE SPEAKING WITH DWP -
- YOU SHOULD KNOW AS SECUIRTY MEASURES ARE BEING TAKEN BY DWP PRIOR TO CALLING YOU.
- THEY WILL BE ABLE TO DISCLOSE THE BENEFIT YOU HAVE CLAIMED, WHEN YOU MADE THE CLAIM, DETAILS OF YOUR CLAIM AND YOUR CLAIM REFERENCE NUMBER/SECURITY CODE
- DWP is also aware of customers trying to reach them for re-assurance on their claim, but are asking claimants to only call if they are unable to use Universal Credit online.